1. I don't have a pairing, may I claim a single character.
No, I'm afraid not. This Community is specifically for Established Relationships, i.e. the couple are already together and involved. The relationship can be committed or non-committed, that's up to you. But they must already be a couple in some way, shape or form.
2. I have a threesome rather than a pairing, may I claim them instead?
As long as the relationship is an established one, then yes you may.
3. What kind of pairing may I claim?
Either slash (male/male, female/female) or het (male/female).
4. Does the pairing have to be strictly canonical?
No. It doesn't matter if the 'norm' is for Character A to be with Character B, whereas you want to write Character A with Character C, that is fine. All that is required is that your pairing are already a couple in your stories.
5. May I write about a character from one fandom and another character from another fandom?
Yes, as long as their relationship is already an established one. Just make sure that when you claim you make it clear that you are claiming two characters from two different fandoms.
6. Are there any limits to how many people may claim the same couple at the same time
No, none at all.
7. May I claim more than one pairing at a time?
Yes, but you must complete twenty stories for each pairing you claim.
8. Does every story have to be about the particular pairing I've claimed?
9. Does every story have to be an established relationship story?
10. May I claim original fandoms and characters?
Yes. Your claim may be entirely original, i.e. your own universe and characters; or you may use an established fandom and claim one or more original characters in that universe.
11. May I claim RPS/RPF characters?
Yes, you may.
12. How quickly will my claim be approved?
I aim to approve claims and set up tags within 24 hours of the claim being made. However, this sometimes may not be possible, so please bear with me. Also, I live in the UK, so if you are requesting a claim/asking a question there may be several hours delay before I am able to respond to you.
13. When may I begin posting?
Once your claim has been accepted, but not until, you will be given posting access. You may then begin posting your stories.
14. Is there a limit as to how many stories I may post at a time?
In theory, no. You may post all twenty stories at once. But just remember that you'll be clogging up people's f-lists if you do so.
15. A lot of my stories are sequels or very short, may I put more than one story in a single post?
Certainly. Just make sure that you put all of the relevant prompts in the subject line, and use the header and LJ cut for each story.
16. Do I have to use the prompts in order?
No, they may be used in any order.
17. Does the prompt word have to appear in the story?
No, it does not. Nor does it have to be the more usual meaning of the word. Let your imagination run riot. Just make sure that the theme does appear in the story, however loosely.
18. Are there any deadlines?
No, none at all. This is meant to be fun and as a writer I know only too well that the Muse cannot be controlled. All I would ask is that if you do suddenly decide that you are no longer interested in your claim, to please let me know. Go here.</font>
19. May I write with another person?
Yes. Just let me know both names when you submit your claim.
20. Do I have to post directly to the Community?
It's entirely up to you. You may either post a link to the story or post the story here or both. However, all stories, irrelevant as to length, must go behind the LJ cut. If you do not know how do to that, go here.
21. Is there a minimum and maximum story length:
Stories must be a minimum of 100 words. There is, however, no maximum.
22. May I use previously written and posted stories?
You may use up to five previous written and posted stories. However, I'm not going to spend time checking your LJ and other Communities, websites, etc. so you are on trust.
23. May I use the same story for more than one challenge?
If the other challenge/s rules permit this, yes.
24. May I post my stories elsewhere?
Yes, they are your stories. You may post them wherever you wish to.
25. What if I wish to drop my claim?
26. Are crossovers allowed?
Yes, certainly. Just make sure that the other fandom/pairing is clearly stated in the story header.
27. Do I have to rate my stories?
As anyone who knows me will know, I don't personally care for ratings as I believe they are too subjective. However, for the purposes of this challenge I am going to follow the example of other challenges and ask that you rate your stories. I would prefer that you use the G, PG, PG-13, R, NC-17 rating system, as it seems to be the most commonly used one. However, if you prefer to use another system you may do so, just give a brief explanation as to what your rating means.
28. Who tags the stories?
You do, please. I will set your tags up for you when I approve your claim, but you will be responsible for your own tagging. There will be two tags, one for the fandom and another for the pairing. To access these tags, once you have posted your story or the link to your story to the Community, click on the word 'Tags', which will appear at the bottom of the post, and this will take you to a list of the relevant tags.
29. What information should I include when posting my story?
Stories should be posted as follows.
Subject Line: Fandom. Pairing. Prompt.
PAIRING: Full names, please not ‘squashed up’ names. For example, if you’re writing Gibbs/Abby, please use Gibbs/Abby (or indeed their complete names), not Gabby.
GENRE: Slash or het
PROMPT: Number and actual prompt
RATING: Ideally please use G, PG, PG-13, R, NC-17 rating system
SUMMARY: This can be as brief or detailed as you like, but please put one.
WARNINGS: </font>I'm not going to make a huge list here, as one person's idea of warning will be another ones' 'like'. However, the things for which I suggest a warning should be given are: death of a major character, heavy BDSM, any other extreme fetish, unhappy ending, partner betrayal, partner rape. Please note that slash and het are not warnings. As this is a challenge for established relationships, romance and/or sex is expected to appear in the stories. There is a section in the header where the genre is stated.
NOTES: Anything else you'd like to mention.
DISCLAIMER: Something like: 'I don't own these characters, nor am I making any money from them. I merely borrow them from time to time'.
Stories must be a minimum of 100 words. There is, however, no maximum.
ALL stories, whatever the length, if posted directly to this Community must be placed behind the LJ Cut. If you don't know how to do this, please go to: LJ Cut
30. What do I do when I've finished my claim?
Go here and you will be given a banner that you can then display on your User Information page, or any where else you might wish to place it.
31. What if I have a question you haven't answered?
If you have any other questions that I have not addressed, please either leave a comment to this entry or email me at: email@example.com.